Born in 1972, Taipei, Taiwan.
Lives and Works in Taipei, Taiwan.
LIU, Ho-Jang’s photographic works and projects concerns more than image making or technology quality. His peculiar artistic practice often reflects the social context and politics behind the surface — may it be an object, a place, or a community, his works shed light on their individualities and differences. By appropriating the relation between the visible and the invisible, he provides an authentic narrative to the social functions and sensibility of art to transform the values of human network into forces that sustains art in its becoming.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- “B-5 Project — Boundary Substance in Virtual”, Taipei Fine Arts Museum, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Portrait Portrait”, Taipei Contemporary Art Center, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Public Sprit”, Center for Contempoary Art Ujazdowski Castle (CCA), Warsaw, Poland
- “Urban Synesthesia”, Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- “So Many Bubbles In The Sky”, mt. Black, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Queens International”, Queens Museum, New York, United States
- “2012 Shanghai Biennial: Zhongshan Park Project, Shanghai, China
- “Exhausting the remaining balance”, mt. Black, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Measure of understanding”, Bangkok Art & Culture Centre (BACC), Bangkok, Thailand